[Tezutsu hand-held fireworks]
Pillars of fire shoot up as high as 10 meters and sparks scatter with a roaring sound
Spectacular fireworks having a tradition of more than 450 years are set off at festivals held in various places of the city. It is said that the fireworks began in the Sengoku period. Because the Mikawa region was the home ground of Ieyasu Tokugawa, regulations on manufacturing and storing gunpowder were not so strict compared to other clans and the fireworks technology developed. Pillars of fire shoot up as high as 10 meters from cylinders held in the hands of the hanabishu, and the spectacle of sparks scattering and falling is fantastic. The fireworks can be seen at "Toyohashi Gion Festival" in mid July, "Fire Festival" in early September, and "Hada Festival" in early October.
|Posted photos||Main Fire Festival
Two photos Upper photo Toyohashi Gion Festival, lower photo Hada Festival
Tezutsu hand-held fireworks guide
|● Toyohashi Gion Festival|
|Date||● Tezutsu hand-held fireworks
July 19th, 2019
July 20st, 2019
* The Toyohashi Gion Festival is scheduled to be held every year on the third Friday, Saturday and Sunday of July.
July 19th: 6:30 p.m. to around 10:00 p.m.
July 20st: 7:00 p.m. to around 9:00 p.m.
|Location||July 19th: 2 Sekiya-cho, Toyohashi City, Aichi (Yoshida Shrine)
July 20st: By Toyo River
|Phone||Toyohashi Gion Festival Supporting Association
+81-532-53-5528 (Japanese only)
|Access||Take the Toyotetsu City Line from "Toyohashi Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 7 minutes. Alight at "Shiyakusho-mae Station", and walk for approx. 5 minutes.|
|● Fire Festival|
|Date||〇 Fire Festival Honoo no Mai (Dance of Flames)
September 14th and 15th, 2019
〇 Fire Festival Shimotsuki Honoo no Mai (November Dance of Flames)
November 22nd and 24th, 2019
〇 Fire Festival Yayoi Honoo no Mai (March Dance of Flames)
March 28th, 2019
* The Fire Festival is scheduled to be held every year on March, September and November.
|Time||5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.|
|Location||3-1 Imahashi-cho, Toyohashi City, Aichi (Toyohashi Stadium, Toyohashi Park)
* The September shows are held at the Toyohashi Baseball Field, which is inside Toyohashi Park. The November and March shows are held at the square in front of Yoshida Castle’s Kurogane Yagura Tower, which is also inside Toyohashi Park.
|Phone||Fire Festival Executive Committee (within the Toyohashi Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
+81-532-53-7211 (Japanese only)
Same-day ticket 1,000 yen～
Advance ticket Same-day ticket＋500 yen
* Depending on the state of advance ticket sales, same-day tickets may not be available.
* Advance ticket sales for the September shows are scheduled to begin on August 1. For more information, including information on tickets for the November and March shows, please inquire.
|Access||Take the Toyotetsu City Line from "Toyohashi Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 9 minutes. Alight at "Toyohashi-Koen-mae Station", and walk for approx. 3 minutes.|
|URL||Toyohashi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
|● Hada Festival|
|Date||October 5th and 6th, 2019
* The Hada Festival is scheduled to be held every year on the first Saturday and Sunday of October.
|Time||4:30 p.m. to around 9:00 p.m.|
|Location||October 6th: 54 Saito, Hanada-cho, Toyohashi City, Aichi (Hada Hachimangu)
October 7th: 3-96 Matsuba-cho, Toyohashi City, Aichi (Matsuba Park)
+81-532-31-7968 (Japanese only)
|Access||Hada Hachimangu: Approx. 10-minute walk from the west exit of "Toyohashi Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen
Matsuba Park: Approx. 7-minute walk from the east exit of "Toyohashi Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen
|URL||Eejanaika Toyohashi (General Incorporated Toyohashi Visitors & Convention Association)
updated on Jul 19, 2019
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Toyohashi Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations