[Mishima City Park Rakujuen Kiku Matsuri]
The spectacular highlight is the resplendently colored "bonkei" miniature landscape
The Kiku Matsuri is held for one month from October 30th. The festival has a long history and will be held for the 67th time this year, and has now become an established fall tradition in Mishima. The park is decorated by painstakingly cultivated chrysanthemums of many colors, and the air within the grounds is filled with their fragrant perfume.The comprehensive flower bed decorated with about 6,000 pots of chrysanthemums is created by the park's staff every year. The park has illuminations after dark for a limited period, during which visitors can marvel at the sight of chrysanthemums by night.
|Period||October 30th to November 30th, 2019
* Depending on the weather, natural conditions etc., it may not be possible to see views like the ones in the photos / articles above. Furthermore, blooming and event schedules may vary.
* The Kiku Matsuri is scheduled to be held every year from October 30th to November 30th.
|Location||19-3 Ichiban-cho, Mishima City, Shizuoka|
|Phone||+81-55-975-2570 (Japanese only)|
|Opening hours||October 30th and 31st…9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
November 1st to 30th…9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
|Holidays||Open everyday during the festival period|
|Admission fee||Adults 300 yen
children aged 15 and under and students who present student ID Free
* Free admission during the illuminations.
|Access||Approx. 3-minute walk from the south exit of "Mishima Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen.|
updated on Aug 16, 2019
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Mishima Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations