[ENGLISH GARDEN Rosa & Berry Tawada]
A hands-on "pick-your-own" garden where you can immerse yourself in the world of "Shaun the Sheep"
Built around a garden of some 13,000 ㎡ filled with seasonal flowers such as roses and clematis, this hands-on "pick-your-own" garden also has restaurants and workshops. Here you can stroll around and enjoy spending your time surrounded by the aroma of flowers in seven themed areas. In particular, the Fairy Garden has an atmosphere that's so lovely it seems like fairies might suddenly pop up out of thin air. The Shaun the Sheep Farm Garden (which recreates the world of the popular character "Shaun the Sheep") opened on top of the hill in March 2019. Whether they decide to relax and enjoy fish and chips or scones on the terrace seats, or join in the fun in Shaun the Sheep-themed workshops about bread baking or handicrafts, visitors of all ages can have a great time here. (Some workshops require reservations and additional fees.)
Take a stroll around the park, surrounded by birdsong and floral scents.
Upper left: The popular hands-on workshop programs are fun for all ages. Upper right: Take a ride through the park on steam locomotive Milky Way. (Additional fee required.) Bottom: You'll be delighted at all the photo spots in Shaun the Sheep Farm Garden. * Shaun's greetings are only held on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. (May be canceled in the event of bad weather, etc.)
|Address||Tawada 605-10, Maibara City, Shiga|
|Phone||+81-749-54-2323 (Japanese only)|
|Opening hours||10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Opening hours in winter (December to mid-March) are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please check the website for details.
Restaurant DAICHI: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Last order: 2:30 p.m.)
Hillside Cafe Tearoom: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Last order: 4:30 p.m.)
|Holidays||Every Tuesday (Open if Tuesday is a holiday)
* The steam locomotive Milky Way does not run in January and February, because of maintenance.
Adults (junior high school age and over) 1,000 yen
Children (age 3 and over) 500 yen
Age 2 and under free
Making woolly magnets (Time required: Approx. 60 minutes) 800 yen
"Shaun the Sheep" bread making (Reservation required. Time required: Approx. 90 minutes.) 1,200 yen
* Fees are subject to change starting from 2020. Please check the website for details.
|Access||Approx. 15 minutes by taxi from "Maibara Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen.
* You can also take the shared taxi Maichango (reservation required) from "Maibara Station". Please check the website for details.
|Shuttle bus||Shuttle bus available
* The shuttle bus from the East exit of JR Maibara Station only operates on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Please check the website for details.
updated on Oct 1, 2019
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Maibara Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations