[Hozugawa Kudari (Hozugawa River Boat Ride)]
Enjoy the flow of the river and the scenery of the ravine on a boat journey
The Hozugawa River runs from Tamba through the city of Kyoto and feeds into the Yodogawa River. The area between Kameoka and Arashiyama is praised as the most beautiful. The boat ride takes you down the stream for roughly 16 km. The boat ride passes through thrilling white water splashing between rocks as well as relaxing, calm currents that let you take in the beautiful scenery of the mountains. The exciting course, full of changes, entertains the passengers. Don't miss the boatman's experienced pole technique as he expertly maneuvers the boat.
Shimo-Nakajima 2, Hodu-cho, Kameoka City, Kyoto
Soga Kameno-o Chinai, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto City, Kyoto
|Phone||Hozugawa Yusen Sightseeing Boat Association
+81-771-22-5846 (English available)
|Departure time||March 10th to November 30th: 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 0:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
Early December to March 9th: 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
* Boats run on an irregular timetable on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. (Boats will depart as soon as they reach 24 passengers.)
* The journey time is approx. 2 hours, and is subject to change depending on the water level.
* Boats may depart as soon as they are full.
* When it rains, boats are given tent coverings and run as usual. (The boat service will be canceled in times of severe rainstorms or when the water level of the river has risen.)
|Holidays||Safety inspection days in February and September (one day each), 29th December to 4th January|
|Fare||Adults 4,100 yen
Children (Age 4 to elementary school age) 2,700 yen
|Access||Take the JR Sanin Main Line Rapid train from "Kyoto Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 20 minutes. Alight at "Kameoka Station" and walk for 8 minutes.|
updated on Sep 30, 2018
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Kyoto Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations