Tuck into firm tiger prawn tempura straight after catching them
Floating out across Lake Hamana at night on a boat, relying on underwater lights, you can experience the unique fishing method of this area in which fish and crabs are caught with spears. When you find a fish or crab, it feels like it is going to be a straightforward task to catch it, but when you go to stab it with your spear...it's gone or escaped into the subtle refractions of the water... Enjoy your skillfully captured spoils cooked aboard a raft on the lake either as tempura, boiled whole or put into miso soup. Don't worry about failing to catch enough: the meal is served regardless.
|Posted photos||Main Let's get on board a small boat and pull out on to Lake Hamana
Three photos Upper left Fishing tools "kabuse ami" (fishing nets) and "mori" (spears), upper right Tiger prawns for tempura, crabs for boiling whole and miso soup, lower The lake is quiet at night and the breeze feels nice
|Date||May 15th to September 30th, 2016
* The Takiya-ryo is scheduled to be held every year from May to September.
● First part
May and September: About 6:00 p.m., June to August: About 7:00 p.m.
● Second part
From 11:00 p.m.
|Address||9985-3 Ubumi, Yuto-cho, Nishi-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka (Federation of Fisheries Cooperative Association of Hamana, Yuto Branch)|
|Phone||Takiya Association Yusen Department
+81-53-592-2260 (Japanese only)
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Except Sundays)
|Charge (One boat)||Fishing only (No cooking) 27,000 yen
Fishing and cooking 30,000 yen
|Access||Take JR Tokaido Main Line from "Hamamatsu Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 10 minutes, alight at "Maisaka Station", and take a taxi for approx. 10 minutes.|
|* Fishing is canceled in cases of heavy weather.
* Up to 4 people can board one boat.
* Groups of 3 adults and 2 children (of elementary age and under) or 2 adults and 3 children (of elementary age and under) may board one boat. The number of passengers must not exceed these limits. In cases of 5 passengers, the additional fee for a child of elementary school age is 2,000 yen, and there is no additional fee for a child under elementary school age.
* The fishing trip is approx. 2 hours for fishing only, and approx. 3 hours (approx. 90 minutes fishing) when cooking is included.
updated on Sep 30, 2016
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Hamamatsu Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations