[National Fireworks Display (Beside the Nagara River, Gifu)]
Various fireworks compete to add color to the Nagara River in summer
This huge fireworks festival on the Nagara River attracts crowds of people every year. Visitors to the 2018 show numbered roughly 350 thousand. In 2019, to commemorate the first year of the Reiwa period, the event will celebrate the beginning of a shining new era with a spectacle of light and sound. In the night show—the main event—extra-large starmine fireworks and other stunning feats of pyrotechnics will be launched from both sides of the Nagara, blooming magnificently in the night sky. Those will be followed by a roughly 300-meter-long Niagara of waterfall fireworks, super-wide starmines, and more. Watch an epic of colorful fireworks unfold. Great spots to view the fireworks include the Gifu Memorial Center and the area below the levee on the north bank of the Nagara River, between Nagaragawa Park and the Miyako Hotel Gifu Nagaragawa. Gifu Castle (paid admission) has also been a popular spot in recent years.
|Posted photos||The 73rd National Fireworks Display (2018) colorfully lit up the sky and fascinated the spectators / Photo credit: Gifu Shimbun|
|Date||The 74th National Fireworks Display
August 3rd, 2019 (planned)
* No postponement for normal rain. Postponed to August 31st in the case of heavy weather or rising water level.
* The "National Fireworks Display" is scheduled to be held on the first Saturday of August every year.
Morning show: Starts 9:00 a.m.
Afternoon show: Starts 12:00 p.m.
Twilight show: Starts 6:00 p.m.
Night show: 7:30 p.m. to 8:40 p.m. (Tentative)
|Location||Beside Nagara River, Gifu City, Gifu (Between Nagara Bridge and Kinka Bridge)|
|Phone||Hello Dial exclusively for the National Fireworks Display
+81-50-5548-8686 (Begins operations June 1st) (Japanese only)
|Access||Walk for approx. 2 minutes from "Gifu-Hashima Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen to Meitetsu "Shin-Hashima Station". Take the Meitetsu Hashima Line / Takehana Line for approx. 30 minutes, alight at "Meitetsu Gifu Station". Take the event bus for approx. 20 minutes, alight at the "event bus stop", and walk for approx. 30 minutes (to Nagaragawa Park) / walk for approx. 10 minutes to Kinka Bridge.
* The journey times for the event bus and walking times are the regular times. * Please allow plenty of time if possible because it will be very crowded on the day.
|URL||Gifu Shimbun Website
|*Admission to Gifu Castle: Adults 200 yen, children (age 4-15) 100 yen
* Depending on the weather and natural conditions etc., it may not be possible to see views like the ones in the photos / article.
* Please check the website for details.
updated on Jul 19, 2019
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Gifu-Hashima Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations