- > Themes
- > Tokaido Sakura Journey Enjoy the coming of spring
- > Atami Castle Sakura Matsuri (Atami Castle)
[Atami Castle Sakura Matsuri (Atami Castle)]
A blissful moment feeling the joy of spring at the graceful Atami Castle
A sakura festival held at Atami Castle, famous as a hanami spot. Atami Castle is a popular place where you can always have fun at the many interactive corners and healing spots, but it is furthered enveloped by a resplendent feeling when spring comes. While the 200 or so sakura trees, most of them somei-yoshino, are proudly in bloom, the place becomes lively with stalls and karaoke events among others. It is also magnificent to see the spring scenery filled with Japanese sentiment, along with the beautiful landscape of the city and Sagami Bay, from the castle tower observation deck. When the flowers are in half bloom, the charming sakura flowers are lit up with illuminations.
|Posted photo||Main Sakura and Atami Castle creating the sentiment of Japanese spring|
|Date||March 24th to April 8th, 2018|
|Time||9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Nighttime sakura party venue closes at 8:30 p.m.)
* Opening hours for Atami Castle is as always; from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:30 p.m.).
|Address||1993 Sogayama, Atami City, Shizuoka|
|Phone||+81-557-81-6206 (Japanese only)|
|Admission fee||● Hanami venue Free
● Atami Castle
Adults 900 yen
Elementary school students and junior high school students 450 yen
Children under elementary school age 300 yen
|Access||Take the Yu Yu Bus from "Atami Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 20 minutes, and alight at "Atamijo".|
|* The nighttime sakura party venue opens when the flowers are in half bloom.
* The nighttime sakura party venue and illuminations may be canceled in cases of heavy weather etc.
* Depending on the weather and natural conditions etc., it may not be possible to see views like the ones in the photos / article. Viewing periods for flowers / autumn leaves and event schedules are subject to change.
* The Atami Castle Sakura Matsuri is scheduled to be held every year from March to April.
updated on Mar 30, 2018
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Atami Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations