[Atami Sea Fireworks Festival]
Overwhelmed by glorious blooming flowers in the night sky and the bangs that resound through the body
The topography of the venue and the magnificent "Niagara Falls in the sky" that closes the performance are unique wonders of Atami. Because the event ground of Atami Bay has a basin-like topography and is surrounded by mountains on three sides, the explosions reverberate all around to create an amazing sense of being in a stadium. What truly captivates the audience is the stream of fireworks let off one after another without a moment's gap toward the finale. The magnificent "Niagara Falls in the sky" casts a silvery white light over the night sky and leads us into an impressive finale.
|Posted photos||Main Atami Sea Fireworks Festival viewed from Shinsui Park
Right The combination of the fireworks and the statue of Kanichi and Omiya, a famous tourist spot in Atami
|Date||● 2018 Atami Sea Fireworks Festival
Spring: January 14th, February 12nd, April 14th, 22nd, May 12nd, 27th, June 3rd, 17th
Summer: July 27th, 31st, August 5th, 8th, 19th, 24th, 30th
Autumn: September 19th
Winter: December 9th, 16th
|Time||Spring / autumn / winter: 8:20 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Summer: 8:20 p.m. to 8:50 p.m.
|Location||Atami Bay (from Atami Port 7.5m quay to the sea fishing facility)|
|Phone||Atami City Tourism Association
+81-557-85-2222 (English available)
|Fee||Paid spectator seats (Only available for fireworks held in July, August and September)
Admission fee (advance ticket / same-day ticket) 1,000 yen
* Capacity per event is 1,600 persons (1,300 for advance tickets / 300 for same-day tickets)
* Please check the website for details.
|Access||Approx. 15-minute walk to Sun Beach from "Atami Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen.|
|* No postponement for rain.
* The viewing area extends from the Sun Beach bathing area to the area around Atami Port (the stretch of coastline).
* Depending on the weather and natural conditions etc., it may not be possible to see views like the ones in the photos / article above.
* The number of fireworks let off is approx. 5,000 in July and August, and approx. 3,000 in other months.
* The Atami Sea Fireworks Festival is scheduled to be held every year in spring, summer, autumn and winter.
updated on Mar 30, 2018
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Atami Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations