- > Themes
- > Take a stroll through autumn tradition
- > Atami Baien Momiji Matsuri (Autumn Leaves Festival)
[Atami Baien Momiji Matsuri (Autumn Leaves Festival)]
Late turning autumn leaves with fantastic illuminations
Atami Baien is famous for its early blooming apricots, but visitors to the park can also enjoy what are sometimes described as "the latest-changing autumn leaves in Japan". From the end of November when the festival is being held, about 380 kinds of maple trees come into beautiful autumn color, and the undulating landscape within the park presents a wide variety of faces which can be enjoyed from lots of different angles. Visitors can also enjoy a relaxing foot bath during the daytime. Illuminations start at five in the evening, and the sight of green, yellow and red leaves against the night sky is truly spectacular. The illuminations show the leaves in a slightly different aspect from that seen in the daytime.
|Viewing period||End of November to beginning of December|
|Event||Atami Baien Momiji Matsuri (Autumn Leaves Festival)
November 17th to December 9th, 2018
Illuminations 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Every day during the event)
* Besides the foot baths (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), various other events are also held.
Please check the website for details.
* Depending on the weather, natural conditions etc., it may not be possible to see views like the ones in the photos / articles above.Viewing periods and event schedules may also vary.
* The Atami Baien Momiji Matsuri is scheduled to be held every year from end of November to beginning of December.
|Address||8-11 Baien-cho, Atami City, Shizuoka|
|Phone||+81-557-85-2222(Atami City Tourism Association) (Japanese only)|
|Holidays||Open every day|
|Access||Take the Izu Hakone Bus bound for Ainohara Danchi from "Atami Station" of JR Tokaido Shinkansen for approx. 15 minutes, alight at "Baien" and walk for approx. 3 minutes.|
updated on Mar 30, 2018
[wide area map]
- [sightseeing spots around "Atami Station"]
Tokaido Shinkansen Stations